Center City (Downtown)
- Visit LOVE Park for the iconic tourist photo and a view of museum mile.
- Explore the Reading Terminal Market. (Try a hot pretzel from Miller’s Twists or apple dumplings from the Dutch Eating Place.)
- Take a tour of Mural Mile, a walking route featuring 17 of Center City’s most iconic murals.
- Relax in the PHS Pop Up Garden on Broad Street.
- Check out the interior of three iconic Center City buildings: the Kimmel Center, the Wanamaker Building, and the Comcast Center.
- Explore the shops and restaurants on 13th Street.
- Dining options: Green Eggs Café for brunch; Capogiro for gelato; Zavino, Barbuzzo, Jamonera and Tria for light bites and dinner.
- Window shop along Antique Row, on Pine Street between 9th and 13th Streets.
Rittenhouse Square / Fitler Square
- Visit Rittenhouse Square, Philly’s most popular square.
- Check out the city’s main shopping drag on Walnut Street, including the flagship Anthropologie.
- Explore the neighborhood around Fitler Square and make your way to the Schuylkill River Trail, which begins at Locust Street and goes to the Art Museum and Boathouse Row.
Historic District / Old City
- Sign up for a free tour of Independence Hall, where the Declaration of Independence was signed.
- Venture to the Race Street Pier, with stunning views of the Ben Franklin Bridge.
- Go gallery hopping during First Friday in Old City.
- Walk down Elfreth’s Alley, our nation’s oldest residential street.
- Browse the shops and boutiques along 3rd Street between Market and Race Streets.
- Walk around historic Society Hill, starting from Washington Square.
Museum Mile / Fairmount
- Run up the Art Museum steps in homage to Rocky.
- Walk along Boathouse Row and take in the view from the Fairmount Water Works.
- Museums! Visit the Barnes, Art Museum, Rodin Museum, Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts, Franklin Institute, and more.
- Support the local business corridor along South Street (between 15th and 17th Streets), including Mushmina boutique and Magpie, which serves pie by the slice.
South Street / Italian Market
- Tour the Italian Market, America’s oldest outdoor market.
- Explore the Magic Garden on South Street.
- Eat a Philly cheesesteak at Pat’s or Jim’s.
- Brave the lines at Sabrina’s, the most popular brunch in the city (tip: call ahead to get put on the list)
University City / West Philadelphia
- Arguably the best views of the city are from the South Street Bridge, Penn Park, and Drexel Park.
- Walk along Locust Walk and explore UPenn’s campus
- Take SEPTA to view Love Letter, 50 rooftop murals from 45th to 63rd Streets.